Fair deal? I hope so.
Up today is a gluten-free Crustless Quiche recipe from Incredible Edible Gluten-Free Food for Kids: 150 Family-Tested Recipes. I love that it is fast and easy, and the possibilities are pretty endless. I used crumbled bacon in mine but you can use anything you fancy, including leftovers: roasted peppers, blanched broccoli, roasted asparagus, leeks and caramelized onions. Indeed if you vary the "filling" your family will not suspect that it is the same ol' recipe!
|The last piece, up for grabs.|
Gluten-free Crustless Quiche
Serves 4-6, depending on appetite
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk or substitute
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp grd nutmeg
- 3/4 cup cooked, chopped meat (chicken, ham, crabmeat) OR 1/2 cup crumbled bacon OR anything you fancy!
- 2 cups (about 6 oz) shredded cheese (Swiss, cheddar, Monterey Jack, Harvati)
- 2 Tbsp sweet rice flour (I used almond meal)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Thoroughly grease a deep pie dish; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, green onions (if using), salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the meat (or other filling of choice).
- Pull out the center rack of the preheated oven and place the prepared pie pan on it. Pour the mixture carefully into the pan. Carefully push the rack back into the oven and close.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.