|Delightful gluten-free banana bread|
Don't be afraid to let your bananas develop those brown spots before you use them in baking! That is when their flavor is ripe and high. And making a double batch? -- always a very smart idea.
|This loaf rises respectably high for a gluten-free quick bread.|
Blue Ribbon Banana BreadRecipe from Easy Gluten-Free Baking
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups very ripe mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups white rice flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and rice flour a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. in a small bowl, mix together sugar and mashed bananas. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between additions. Add half of the dry ingredients. Blend until smooth on medium-low speed. Add banana-sugar mixture. Stir until well incorporated. Add remaining dry ingredients. Blend batter until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Place pan on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes (I tend to let it cool longer when the weather is warm). Remove loaf from pan and place on rack to cool completely.
|Take time for yourself, and enjoy!|