|This is bite-sized heaven.|
|Don't ask me why but I just felt like taking a picture of the cookie dough. I thought the dotted jewels of red amongst the pale dough was rather alluring.|
Coconut Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe
Makes about 60 cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (I would even reduce it to one cup next time, the chocolate chips added plenty of sweet to this recipe)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups dried orange-flavored cranberries (or use plain ones if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the extracts. Add flour mixture, beat on medium-low until mixture comes together. Beat in cranberries, shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges begin to brown, about 15 to 17 minutes total.
- Let cool on baking sheets 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.